Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baptized

So, today I got baptized. This won't be long. After many years of being a follower of Jesus I decided to make the plunge. A long long time ago..... I was baptized as a baby. But, when I became a believer at the age of 19 I understood what I was doing to be a follower Christ but never felt that I "Had" to be baptized. I wasn't saved by baptism I was saved by the inner workings of the spirit. After many years of back and forth discussion I never felt that there was a necessity for me to be baptized. But, after listening to multiple sermons about baptism I became convicted. But, stubborn ole me said forget about it. But then on Wednesday God/Dorrien was speaking to me again. Now without a doubt my I knew this is what I had to do. Then I said today would be the day June 2 2013. I would be baptized as an adult professing my faith. 

Oh what grace we do not understand When one man made a stand 
That man was Christ who was there for thee  
For the blind and lost he died for me  

No comments:

Post a Comment