Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Colossians 1:21-23

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, 22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

     God is in the business of reclaiming and reconciling things back to himself.  This Scripture is letting us know that in spite of ourselves God wants us to be his. He is saying, "Hey you, come here! I have something for you. I did this amazing thing for you. While you where making your own decisions about life I sent my son for you. He went on a rescue mission. Yes, a rescue mission. For you, and yes it hurt. It hurt me so much that I had to turn from it. It pained me to see my son like that." 
     Jesus had to take on and bare the weight of sin. There was nothing in creation that could handle cleansing us from sin. The sacrifice of animals was just a way to show you that nothing could or would clean us from the sin problem that we have. Only someone that was truly without spot or blemish would reconnect us back to God the way we are meant to be. Jesus is the lamb of God that both cleanses us from sin and then by his blood allows us to walk in a new nature. Not by us, or by our actions but by his being in our place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment