Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back Home Again

Man I had a great weekend. The NYC was great. I did enjoy spending time with my family. It has been a long time since I spent some quality time with my mother and grandmother. On the way up to Jersey we stopped at my sisters school and had dinner at a Italian restaurant with some good home style cookin’. We went to Chinatown a did like most tourist do and by knockoff merchandise. It was fun bar-daring with locals for prices. What I love the most about being in New York is all of the diversity. The cultures, the food, the smells and the people. Everywhere you turn there is someone that looks different from the next person. Asian, Hispanic, Eastern European, to me. Everyone is different. For lunch we went to the restaurant called Havana Central in Time Square. It was the first time that I have tried Cuban food and man was it great. I had an Oxtail stew with yellow rice in black beans. I decided that I was going to try something that would never order. I was very satisfied with my food and so was everyone else. I would recommend this place to anyone. After having lunch we walked to Central Park and took pictures and enjoyed the scenery. By the end of the day we went back down to Chinatown to get anything that we did not pickup earlier and then headed home. Sometimes I think about moving back. Just joking. There are some things that I miss but, for the most part I will stay wherever the Lord calls me. My goal is the to get back there every two years Emily will need some new purses by then. All jokes aside I had fun and enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment